library Directory.hs

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak@knm.org.pl
19 Jun 2001 17:06:39 GMT

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:23:30 +0200, Nicole Gabler <Nicole.Gabler@web.de> pisze:

> I have a problem: I need the library Directory.hs. But
> there is no directory.hs in {Hugs}/lib/ !! All standard
> libraries are there expect of this one.

Not exactly: Time and CPUTime are also missing.

> Is there any alternative??

You can use another Haskell implementation:

ghc - A big and rich compiler. May be hard to install because of
dependencies on various tools. Provides many language extensions
and libraries.

nhc98 - Smaller than ghc but larger than Hugs. Provides a little
more than Haskell 98. Compiles faster than ghc but programs execute
more slowly.

hbc - No longer maintained. Didn't reach Haskell 98. Compiles fast
and programs run quite fast.

A note about sources of these compilers: nhc98 is written in nice and
clean standard Haskell (but I haven't looked deeply); ghc is written
in itself and sometimes can be hard to understand; hbc is written in
LazyML and almost nobody except its author understands it. Hugs is
an interpreter written in C and I'm not sure how clearly it is written.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/