Eq instance for (a,b,c,d,e) and upwards

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:21:39 -0700

Folks

It seems that people are happy with the draft Haskell report (I'm=20
glad to say).  There seem to be two outstanding issues:

* Tuples.  I've decided to specify that tuples up to size 15 exist,
   along with all their Eq, Ord, etc instances up to that size.

* The Prelude types of=20
	deleteBy
	deleteFirstsBy
	intersectBy
   Although these could be given more general types, it's an
   unforced change, and Fergus points out that the more general
   types could change error messages for the worse.  I'm going to=20
   let sleeping dogs lie and make no change here.  [Recall that
   no-change is the *strong* default.]

The final version of everything is at
	http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/haskell98-revised

I'm ready to call it a day, but of course I may have made some=20
stupid error.  Take a look please and let me know.

I have not yet made PDF; there are issues I don't understand
about how to get PDF to look right.  Help sought!

Simon