computer language shootout

Miles Egan miles@caddr.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:20:23 -0700

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:11:20AM -0700, brk@jenkon.com wrote:
> I have to say (and this also relates to the newbie question thread) that I
> don't understand why GHC fares so poorly, and I guess I find it a little
> frustrating.

I think it's important to keep these benchmarks in perspective, though.  As Doug
Bagley himself says, these kinds of benchmarks are pretty hard to interpret and
are subject to a lot of noise.  Extrapolating performance on small artificial
problems like this to real application performance is not at all
straightforward.  That said, this is a small p.r. problem.

--
miles

"We in the past evade X, where X is something which we believe to be a
lion, through the act of running." - swiftrain@geocities.com