Dealing with implementation differences

Wolfgang Lux wlux@uni-muenster.de
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:20:04 +0200

Hello,

> How does one deal cleanly with implementation differences, e.g. things
> like
> isAscii being defined in Hugs but not in GHC? I'd hate to resort to
> Makefile
> trickery and preprocessing.

You can try to use some special compatibility module where you collect
all the workarounds for the implmentation differences. But in this
particular you should better read the (library) report and simply import
the Char module (from where isAscii should be exported -- Hugs still
exports it from the Prelude though it shouldn't).

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Lux				  Phone: +49-251-83-38263
Institut fuer Wirtschaftinformatik	    FAX: +49-251-83-38259