Another question wrt hiding imports

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:03:21 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I asked this a while ago and never got an answer.  Asking again in
better context:

How do you control importing operator precedence?

Suppose that you have:
f x = 2 + 2 * x

And an imported module increases the precedence of (+).
You end up getting mangled.

My assumption is that the only way to protect yourself from this is to
import qualified so A.+ has a different precedence from +.

But I don't think the report promises this.  The report just promises that
A.+ has the same precedence as (+) inside module A.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   Shop.Com
1-646-638-2300 voice                    The Easiest Way To Shop (sm)