Problems with GHC-4.08.1 on Windows 2000 Professional

Eugene Nonko cm@pochta.net
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:30:10 +0600

Dear Colleagues,

I've encountered some problems after ghc-4.08.1 installation on by w2kpro.
When I'm trying to compile simple 'Hello world!' program (ghc main.hs -o
main.exe), linker outputs messages:
===
gcc: D:/ghc/lib/Main.dll_o: No such file or directory
gcc: D:/ghc/lib/PrelMain.dll_o: No such file or directory
===

When I'm trying to compile it with -static command line switch (ghc
main.hs -o main.exe -static), it compiles, but resulting .exe does nothing
(it doesn't displays message).

What's the problem, can someone explain me?

PS. Just in case, this is full source code of this 'Hello world!' program.
;)
===
module Main (main) where

    main = putStrLn "Hello, world!"