Problems with GHC-4.08.1 on Windows 2000 Professional

Eugene Nonko
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:30:10 +0600

Dear Colleagues,

I've encountered some problems after ghc-4.08.1 installation on by w2kpro.
When I'm trying to compile simple 'Hello world!' program (ghc main.hs -o
main.exe), linker outputs messages:
gcc: D:/ghc/lib/Main.dll_o: No such file or directory
gcc: D:/ghc/lib/PrelMain.dll_o: No such file or directory

When I'm trying to compile it with -static command line switch (ghc
main.hs -o main.exe -static), it compiles, but resulting .exe does nothing
(it doesn't displays message).

What's the problem, can someone explain me?

PS. Just in case, this is full source code of this 'Hello world!' program.
module Main (main) where

    main = putStrLn "Hello, world!"

Best regards,
Eugene Nonko