Combinator library gets software prize

Ronald Legere rjljr2@yahoo.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:32:34 -0800 (PST)

--- "C.Reinke" <C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:
>Even within combinator languages, I am not always
> sure whether those
> reporting on the paper are aware how much the DSL
> gains by being
> embedded in a full functional language, and how
> simply exporting the
> core DSL to another context would severe all those
> useful connections.

Heh, this is something that I ran into when trying to
write a combinator language for Java based on Haskore.
I gave up when I realized i really needed those other
features of a functinal language to :). It is a bit
difficult in many domains to seperate what you are
defining from the language you are defining it in, so
I guess this is not such a large suprise.