binary files in haskell

Sven Panne Sven.Panne@informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:19:08 +0100

[ OK, let's see if I get a typo-free mail out of the door *this* time... :-]

Timmy Douglas wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here has a solution for writing binary files
> that works in hugs and ghc that doesn't require getting libs.

I dont' know exactly about the current status of Hugs' libs, but I fear
the answer to your question is "no".

> I looked at this page:
> http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/ghc/docs/latest/set/sec-ioexts.html

... and that was exactly the right place, see section "Bulk transfers"

hGetBuf       :: Handle -> Addr -> Int -> IO Int
   hGetBufFull   :: Handle -> Addr -> Int -> IO Int

   hPutBuf       :: Handle -> Addr -> Int -> IO Int
   hPutBufFull   :: Handle -> Addr -> Int -> IO ()