{-# LINE 100 "Foo.hs #-} vs. # 100 "Foo.hs"

Keith Wansbrough Keith.Wansbrough@cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:42:32 +0000

> With all this talk of preprocessor generated information and whatnot, I
> am reminded of a paper I read not too long ago but can't seem to find
> anymore about a dedicated pre-processor for haskell based on the C
> preprocessor but made to deal with haskell constructs a bit more sanely.

This was me...

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~kw217/research/papers.html#Wansbrough99:Macros

There wasn't sufficient interest, and no one has offered to implement
it.  I think people are mostly happy using CPP, and the hassle of
writing a `decent' macro preprocessor isn't worth it.  You may find
some of the ideas in the paper useful, though.

--KW 8-)