{-# LINE 100 "Foo.hs #-} vs. # 100 "Foo.hs"

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:47:31 +0000

> Here is what is currently supported:
>            {-# LINE 100 "Foo.hs #-}   |    # 100 "Foo.hs"

I recently discovered that some of the GHC toolset actually
generates and recognises
             {-# LINE 100 "Foo.hs  -}
which is somewhere in between a comment and a pragma.  Has
this been fixed yet?

> I would choose LINE pragma. In this case nhc98 should be taught
> about it.

The 1.00 release of nhc98 (incorrectly) rejects almost all pragmas.
The 1.01 (CVS) version correctly accepts (but ignores) almost all
pragmas.  In time, it will learn to use the information from a small
number of pragmas.  When that happens, LINE can certainly be one
of them.

Regards,
    Malcolm