Are anonymous type classes the right model at all? (replying to Re: Are fundeps the right model at all?)

Peter Douglass peterd@availant.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:13:49 -0500

Julian Assange wrote (Dec 28, 2000):

> This is why all non S-exp like lanaguage are doomed to progressive
> syntactic cancer as the useful parts of operator name space and syntax
> space become progressively polluted and mutated by one fad after
> another.

Could you expand on this? I would think that all languages have identifies
that, through common usage become standardized, and that this meaning
becomes a de-facto part of the language.  Do you feel that this has not
happened in Lisp/Scheme?

--PeterD