Learning Haskell and FP

Ketil Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
03 Jan 2001 09:25:23 +0100

"Karl M. Syring" <syring@web.de> writes:

>> Mind if I "me too" a bit?  I had just read the SICP, and I too found
>> that the Gentle Introduction served well as an introduction to the
>> Haskell syntax.

> If you start out with zero knowledge in functional programming, as I do, the
> GITH is really not very helpful.

Exactly.  It's "gentle" if you know functional programming, but
probably not otherwise.

> PS: are the members of the list expecting to get replies by private mail?

Expecting?  I'd have no qualms about replying to people privately, but
then perhaps I am the obnoxious kind of person. :-)  Negative feedback
is scarce (although this thread might favorably diverge to -cafe?

-kzm