Learning Haskell and FP

Ketil Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
03 Jan 2001 08:28:22 +0100

George Russell <ger@tzi.de> writes:

> I think Paul is being unduly modest.  I found it very useful when I first learnt
> Haskell.  But I did already know ML, so maybe the "Gentle Introduction" would be
> harder going for someone who didn't know anything about functional programming.

Mind if I "me too" a bit?  I had just read the SICP, and I too found
that the Gentle Introduction served well as an introduction to the
Haskell syntax.  I think it'd be fine if the title were a bit less
ambitious - it isn't really aimed at the novice, I think.

It's been a while since I read it tho'

-kzm