Proposal: module namespaces.

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk mk167280@students.mimuw.edu.pl
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:37:31 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Christian Brolin wrote:

> What?? The compiler knows the full name of the module without the module
> clause.

It does not. File A/B/C/D.hs can be module A.B.C.D, or module B.C.D which
happened to be placed in a directory A, or C.D etc. It's ambiguous.

I'm not saying that I want to have to write full paths, but I see no other
choice.

> The dots was just my suggestion of a syntax for relative addresses.
> One dot: Relative to the parent of this module.
> Two dots: Relative to this module.

It's confusing. If at all, it should be the opposite, analogous
to . and .. directories. But it doesn't look clear either.

--
Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk