Inferring from context declarations

Andreas Rossberg rossberg@ps.uni-sb.de
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:33:17 +0100

Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> Incidentally, this has nothing to do with allowing polymorphic recursion
> on functions in Haskell.  It could be done earlier too, but then it had
> to be encoded using a class and instance declaration.

I would argue that methods are in fact polymorphically recursive
functions. Wasn't this one motivation to allow general polymorphic
recursion in Haskell - that it is in the language anyway?

	- Andreas

--
Andreas Rossberg, rossberg@ps.uni-sb.de

"Computer games don't affect kids.
 If Pac Man affected us as kids, we would all be running around in
 darkened rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music."