Problem reading files...

andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:06:04 +0000

Are you on a Windows platform of some kind (I guess so, from your mail
headers)?  I vaguely remember having a problem like this (in Python,
IIRC) because MSDOS used ^Z (ASCII 26) as an end of file marker.  So
low-level Win32 file access routines still interpret this character as
end-of-file.  I got round the problem at the time by using binary i/o.
I don't know whether this is possible in Haskell.

Andrew

--
http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/index.html