please help me

Ch. A. Herrmann herrmann@infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:25:50 +0100 (MET)

Hi Faizan,

>>>>> "FAIZAN" == FAIZAN RAZA <k19990158@192.168.1.4> writes:

    FAIZAN> Hello Please help me to solve this questions

    FAIZAN> Question

    FAIZAN> Cartesian Product of three sets, written as X x Y x Z is
    FAIZAN> defined as the set of all ordered triples such that the
    FAIZAN> first element is a member of X, the second is member of Y,
    FAIZAN> and the thrid member of set Z. write a Haskell function
    FAIZAN> cartesianProduct which when given three lists (to represent
    FAIZAN> three sets) of integers returns a list of lists of ordered
    FAIZAN> triples.

    FAIZAN> For examples, cartesianProduct [1,3][2,4][5,6] returns
    FAIZAN> [[1,2,5],[1,2,6],[1,4,5],[1,4,6],[3,2,5],[3,2,6],[3,4,5],[3,4,6]]

I'll leave that as an exercise for you :-)

If you want to become a Haskell programmer, try it yourself.

Two hints: - have a look at list comprehensions in the report
           - first try to solve it with two sets and pairs

Cheers
Christoph