ANNOUNCE: GCJNI - Java Native Interface for Haskell

Antony Courtney antony@apocalypse.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:44:30 -0500

Hi Ashley,

I'm not quite sure why you Cc'ed the whole Haskell list in replying to my
release announcement, but just for clarification:

Ashley Yakeley wrote:

 > I had no idea anyone else was working on this.

I find it odd you would say that.  When you first mentioned your interest in the
JNI on the Haskell list in early July, I replied to you (and the rest of the
Haskell list) informing you I was working on such a project, and offering to
give you a pre-release snapshot of my source code:

	http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2001-July/001372.html

When you didn't reply to that message, I emailed you again privately on August
1st, specifically suggesting that we combine forces to avoid duplication of
effort.  I never received a reply to that message either.

 > Nevertheless, I suspect I'm further along.

Perhaps.  Let's move this discussion to private email and try to find a way to
work together.

	-antony

--
Antony Courtney
Grad. Student, Dept. of Computer Science, Yale University