Haskell Persistence

Tim Barbour trb@eastpac.com.au
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:02:35 +1100 (EST)

Vorin, Michael writes:
 > I am interested in pursuing practical development of persistence in Haskell.
 > To this end I have been looking for code/systems which have been developed
 > previously to build upon - not wishing to reinvent the wheel.

I am implementing persistent memory for Linux (i.e. like virtual memory, but
non-volatile, with ACID transaction semantics). Perhaps something will be
working sometime in 2002.

It is my hope that persistent memory will serve as a foundation for making
functional data structures persistent, eventually leading towards a functional
operating system.

Tim
 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin