ANN: linkchk-0.00 - a gtk based network link heartbeat monitor

Jens-Ulrik Petersen juhp@01.246.ne.jp
17 Aug 2001 10:37:33 +0900

Hello,

I am happy to announce the first release of linkchk, a small
program whose sole job is simply to monitor a ping heartbeat
between its host and a gateway (router) on a local network
link.  Sounds simple?  Well it is really, except for some
first hurdles of pipes, lazy fileRead'ing, etc.

Source code and a Linux binary are available from
<http://www.01.246.ne.jp/~juhp/haskell/linkchk/>.
ghc and gtk+hs are required to build linkchk.

This is the first Haskell program I am releasing on the net,
so I would appreciate any feedback I can get whether it be
in the form of comments on the code, questions, or patches.

Happy pinging!

Jens