GHC on MacOS X

Atze Dijkstra atze@cs.uu.nl
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:48:16 +0200

At 11:04 +0200 19/04/2001, Sebastien Carlier wrote:
>Ashley Yakeley wrote:
>
>>  I don't suppose Atze Dykstra or anyone else has done any more work on GHC
>>  for MacOS X? Currently the 4.08.1 bootstrapping binaries don't work
>>  properly under the final MacOS X -- I had to rerun ranlib on all the
>>  libraries, and when I tried to compile a 'Hello World' Haskell program I
>>  got unresolvable references (look like trivial arithmetic functions) in
>  > the link phase, apparently coming from 'libHSrts.a'.

I have fixed this. On
http://www.cs.uu.nl/%7Eatze/Programming/index.html ghc (still version
4.08.1) can be downloaded (or download directly via
http://www.cs.uu.nl/%7Eatze/Download/ghc-4.08.1.pkg.sit), in working
condition again, as an installable package. This is still a
bootstrapping version as I have had not much time yet to continue
porting, but works fine otherwise. I hope to have more time available
at the end of May.
--

                 - Atze -

Atze Dijkstra, Institute of Information & Computing Sciences,    /|\
Utrecht University, PO Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, Netherlands  / | \
Tel.: +31-30-2534093/1454 | WWW  : http://www.cs.uu.nl/~atze   /--|  \
Fax : +31-30-2513971      | Email: atze@cs.uu.nl              /   |___\