Dimensional analysis with fundeps

John.Velman@HSC.com John.Velman@HSC.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:03:55 -0700

1) What is a fundep?

2)  This is a very interesting topic, and rather complex.  It
has come up (dimensions, units, -- not Haskell implementations
of them) in some recent work on STEP (ISO 10303).  I'm only
now trying to come up to some speed on Haskell, and only now
trying to recall what I used to know about the algebra of units
and dimensions, so I'm not really prepared to comment deeply
on this suggestion.  However, I'd suggest that someone have a
good long look at "An Ontology for Engineering Mathematics"
(available at http://www-ksl.stanford.edu/KSL_Abstracts/KSL-94-18.html)
(or similar work) before building anything in to standard libraries.

John Velman

Tom Pledger <Tom.Pledger@peace.com>@haskell.org on 04/09/2001 02:48:48 PM

Sent by:  haskell-admin@haskell.org