no non-typevariable in instance declarations

José Romildo Malaquias romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:55:29 -0200

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 10:21:28AM +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> > (By the way, is there any plans to implement multiparameter type
> > classes and instance overlapping in NHC98?)
>
> No-one at York has any current plans to implement MPTC or instance
> overlapping in nhc98.  However, other people would be most welcome
> to do so if they wished.

I should be finishing my current project this year and next year
I should start looking at functional language implementation.
I will be starting a graduate course  which may culminate in the
implementation of a new functional language with a better
system for overloading. As an exercise I may try implementing
some extensions to NHC98.

Regards,

Romildo
--