LAST CALL to comment on the Applicative/Monad Proposal

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Wed Jan 16 20:26:28 UTC 2019

I'm not committee, so I don't need to be part of any consensus. Myself I
wouldn't bundle something I want up with something that's needed just to
get it to pass anyway, for what it's worth. I'd rather keep my own ideas
modular enough they don't bog anything down! So if I try to push my pet
feature further it'll be its own proposal and I for one can't tie it to
anything.

But I certainly understand where you're coming from on this. I'm sorry
if I've made things harder for you here, and I have to admit I had
preferred that MFP and MNR wait their turn. I'm hoping that one way or
another, Herbert's proposal means we reach some kind of conclusion in
the long run - at the least, we will have two mutually-exclusive
proposals on the table and an obligation to pick one, refine quickly or
go home.

I'd like to thank you for your work - myself I'm infamously unable to
get things done (to the point of unemployability), and I've stayed off
the committee precisely because I can appreciate the effort involved.