Default module header `module Main where`

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Fri May 19 23:12:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 06:32:30PM -0400, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I thought about this. But I fear that this will require a language
> extension or flag, and then the developers (quite rightly) say that it
> does not pull its weight of supporting both variants, and it gets lost.
> But maybe I should give it a shot if they accept it.

Indeed this strikes me as a not a good extension to have: every extension
further fragments the ecosystem and is yet another thing to care about if
you are reading someone else's code, etc. - the cost probably outweights
the benefit on this one.

But it seems a good proposal for H2020, as (if it is accepted), the costs
linked with an extension/flag (added complexity, fragmentation of the
community) aren't there.

The "extensions before report modification" is a solid rule, maybe
the committee wants to add an exception for proposals which cannot
realistically be "packaged" (and achieve widespread use) into
extensions?