New Github features and Haskell Prime

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Thu Sep 29 07:29:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:09:56AM +0900, Matthias Fischmann wrote:
> just to be clarify for those who are still interested: i'm not
> suggesting we should *change* the process as much as *extend* it.
> once the committee has finalized haskell-prime, ask everybody
> (literally everybody) for a boolean.

I am pretty sure that everybody in this thread already knows, but
just to clarify how Scheme proceeded: the vote was held on the
mailing list and a template was given, like

    Name:
    Location:
    Organisation (optional):
    Contact (optional):
    Vote:
    Rationale:

As you would expect the quality of voting (example [1]) was much
much higher than "1 like = 1 monad".

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20140601050807/http://lists.scheme-reports.org/pipermail/scheme-reports/2013-April/003310.html