Are there GHC extensions we'd like to incorporate wholesale?

M Farkas-Dyck m.farkasdyck at gmail.com
Wed May 4 05:00:28 UTC 2016

On 02/05/2016, Cale Gibbard <cgibbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> This question implicitly has two parts:
>
> 1) Are there GHC extensions which the Report ought to describe in their
> entirety? ...
>
> 2) Are there extensions which ought to stop being extensions? ...

I agree here, except as noted in my earlier mail in this thread.

An extension i might like to no longer be an extension is
NoMonomorphismRestriction, which i haven't yet seen brought up in this
thread. I recognize it has some rationale for it, but i surely want
this committee to at least re-evaluate its merits.