Are there GHC extensions we'd like to incorporate wholesale?

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Tue May 3 18:04:41 UTC 2016

> One objective would be to compile the Haskel Platform with near zero extensions.

I would hope that means that the platform will lean on contributors
to observe the new standard and curb exuberant use of extensions.
It would be wrong to blindly accept a selected corpus of existing
code as basis for a standard. (This is not to say that haskell prime
should ignore the practices of outstanding packages.)

Doug