PROPOSAL: Literate haskell and module file names

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:41:12 UTC 2014

One problem with Foo.*.hs or even Foo.md.hs mapping to the module name
Foois that as I recall JHC will look for
Data.Vector in Data.Vector.hs as well as Data/Vector.hs

This means that on a case insensitive file system Foo.MD.hs matches both
conventions.

Do I want to block an change to GHC because of an incompatible change in
another compiler? Not sure, but I at least want to raise the issue so it
can be discussed.

Another small issue is that this means you need to actually scan the
directory rather than look for particular file names, but off my head
really I don't expect directories to be full enough for that to be a
performance problem.

-Edward