Bang patterns

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Tue Feb 5 14:42:47 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 07:26:16PM -0500, Edward Kmett wrote:
> If space sensitivity or () disambiguation is being used on !, could one of
> these also be permitted on ~ to permit it as a valid infix term-level
> operator?

I don't think there's any reason ~ couldn't be an operator, defined with
the
syntax.

Allowing it to be defined with infix syntax would be a little trickier.

Hmm, I've just realised that if we decide to make !_ and !foo lexemes,
then we'd also want !(+) to be a lexeme, which presumably means we'd
want (+) to be a single lexeme too (and also `foo`, for consistency).
But I don't think making that change would be problematic.

Thanks
Ian