String != [Char]

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Fri Mar 23 14:48:06 CET 2012

Does Python 3 have the equivalent of LANGUAGE pragmas? That is, as a
GHC user i can add {-# LANGUAGE OLD_STRINGS -#} and my program works
with the new language standard!

I think what ruined Perl 6 is that it is still under development!
Avoiding breakage is important. But throwing around comparisons to
Perl 6 is not going to help move the discussion along!