What is a punctuation character?

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Mar 17 00:49:51 CET 2012

Hi Gaby,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 06:29:24PM -0500, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> OK, thanks!  I guess a take away from this discussion is that what
> is a punctuation is far less well defined than it appears...

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Haskell's uniSymbol includes all
Unicode characters (should that be codepoints? I'm not a Unicode expert)
in the punctuation category; I'm not sure what the best reference is,
but e.g. table 12 in
lists a number of Px categories, and a meta-category P "Punctuation".