Proposal: require spaces around the dot operator

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Sun Feb 12 03:39:59 CET 2012

This proposal stands on its own
* the dot operator is inconsistent with Module function selection.
* we are allowed the option of expanding the usage of the dot without
spaces if this proposal goes forward.

The point is that we will decide whether or not to expand the usage of
the dot in the *future*. We could decide on a completely different
usage than record field selection.

If this proposal is not compelling enough on its own we should merge
it with other proposals and discuss them together as a single new
concrete proposal.
Let me know if that doesn't make sense. I am unfamiliar with the
process for this mail-list and obviously led things in the wrong
direction.