[Haskell] Status of Haskell'?

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Sat Dec 1 12:00:40 CET 2012

* Tijn van der Zant <robotijn at gmail.com> [2012-12-01 10:00:31+0100]
> Why do I need to know about pragmas if it is already difficult to
> learn the language?

Exactly. In an ideal world, where the language standard corresponds to
what people perceive as being standard, beginners shouldn't know or care
about pragmas, which by definition enable non-portable and experimental
features.

And the last thing a beginner should do is to enable ALL of those
obscure features.

> (and they just turn a load of them on without even thinking about it
> what they do, but hey, the code works now!...)

That is an unfortunate situation in which we are now, and which could be
improved by releasing a new standard incorporating the most tested and
widely-used features.

Roman