import Module qualified as

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Thu Aug 30 11:21:03 CEST 2012

my import lists would look much nicer und could be sorted more easily
if the keyword "qualified" could be placed before the "as" keyword
instead of after "import".

Therefore I suggest the alternative syntax:

  import Data.Map qualified as Map

This should be fairly simple to implement, if more users would want it.

Note, that this syntax does not work well without "as" since a list of
names to be imported usually follows the module name. Also, usually
qualified imports are used together with "as" to avoid the long module

Apart from sorting it would also avoid quirks like _eleven_ spaces in:

import qualified Data.Map as Map
import           Data.Map (Map)

Cheers Christian