TypeFamilies vs. FunctionalDependencies & type-level recursion

dm-list-haskell-prime at scs.stanford.edu dm-list-haskell-prime at scs.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 14 17:27:01 CEST 2011

At Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:36:41 +0000,
Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> 5.  David wants a wiki page fixed.  But which one? And how is it "locked down"?

This page:

	http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/FunctionalDependencies

Currently under cons for FunctionalDependencies, it says:

	AssociatedTypes seem to be more promising.

I proposed the following fix:

	AssociatedTypes seem to be more promising, but in their
	current form are not as general as FunctionalDependencies
	[link].

where the link points to this or another email thread.

Is there a policy that only a proposal's "owner" can modify the wiki
page?  Or that you have to be a member of the Haskell' committee?  At
any rate, when I log into the Haskell' wiki, I don't get an Edit
button.  That's all I meant by locked down.

David