TypeFamilies vs. FunctionalDependencies & type-level recursion

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 20:17:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Simon Peyton-Jones
<simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Julien: we should start a wiki page (see http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary, and look for the link to "Type level naturals"; one like that).  On the wiki you should
>  * add a link to the latest version of our (evolving) design document.
>  * specify the branch in the repo that has the stuff
>  * describe the status

Yes, this would be quite useful!

> Iavor's stuff is still highly relevant, because it involves a special-purpose constraint solver.  But Iavor's stuff is no integrated into HEAD, and we need to talk about how to do that, once you are back from holiday Iavor.

I'll send an e-mail to the list when I'm back.  I think I've made
quite a bit of progress on the solver, and I've been working on a
document (actually a literate Haskell file) which explains how it
works and also my understanding of GHC's constraint solver that I'd be
very happy to get some feedback on.

-Iavor