Add haskell-src as an official machine-readable component of the Haskell standard

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 03:48:23 EST 2010

There is nothing to stop an library author doing exactly this, and it
might even be useful for some people (personally I'm going to stick to
haskell-src-exts, because it's a brilliant library). However, I don't
think we should make it official or part of the standard. I've found
plenty of HSE/GHC parsing differences in my work, and my suspicion is
that several of them are probably also present in haskell-src. I also
don't want the Haskell Prime Committee to take on the jobs of library
maintainership or implementation, those are best kept elsewhere.

Thanks, Neil