Second draft of the Haskell 2010 report available

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Tue Jun 29 16:45:50 EDT 2010

> I have now updated the libraries too. Rather than update all the
> library documentation manually, I (perhaps rashly) decided to make a
> LaTeX backend for Haddock instead, and generate the report
> automatically from the library source code.

Perhaps I should have mentioned (before sending a formatting error
report): thanks, this looks great!  Auto-generation is definitely the
way to go, and well worth the effort.

I did notice one other small item, which is perhaps an infelicity
rather than an error.  The documentation for Data.List (20.10.1), the
"By" operations, mentions "It is often convenient to use these
functions together with Data.Function.on".  But sadly, Data.Function
is not one of the libraries in the H'2010 set.  I would personally be
happy to add it, but perhaps it is too late, and we will need to wait
for H'2011.

Regards,
     Malcolm