Negation

Jon Fairbairn jon.fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 04:43:17 EST 2010

"Sittampalam, Ganesh"
<ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com>
writes:

> Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>> Of course unary minus should bind tighter than any infix operator.
>> I remember suggesting this when the language was designed, but the
>> Haskell committee was very set against it (mostly Joe Fasel I think).
>
> Are there archives of this discussion anywhere?

If it was on the fplangc mailing list, the archive exists
somewhere (Thomas Johnsson had it in the past). If it was at one
of the committee meetings, Thomas or Lennart had a tape recorder
running. I remember asking some time later what happened to this
and got a reply that contained the phrase "teknisk missöde",
which doesn't take much of a grasp of Swedish to guess the
meaning of.

Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk