Proposal: Deprecate ExistentialQuantification

Svein Ove Aas svein.ove at
Sun Jun 28 17:21:34 EDT 2009

While I agree in principle that GADTs are the way forward, I have to
vote against deprecating anything using the existing syntax in any
kind of a hurry.

There are syntactic extensions which don't (yet?) work with GADTs that
I am loathe to lose, even if they do leave a lot to be desired. Not
that I have any real suggestions on what to replace them with, but I
think it'd be a good idea to settle that now, before implementing the
code that would anyhow need to handle it in half a dozen Haskell

Well, I suppose that's my cue to start noting down ideas. Such a
fascinating topic, theorizing about language extensions...

Svein Ove Aas