Proposal: Deprecate ExistentialQuantification

Stefan Holdermans stefan at
Sun Jun 28 06:23:24 EDT 2009

> In other words, in your 2x3 grid of syntactic x expressiveness, I want
> the two points corresponding to classic syntax x {existential
> quantification, GADTs} to be removed from the language. My second
> semi-proposal also makes each of the three points corresponding to the
> new cool syntax a separate extension.

I see, but why are you opposed to have the classic syntax still
support existentials (though foralls) and GADTs (through equality
constraints). I would make sense to me to keep this support around.