Haskell 2010: libraries

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 05:05:52 EDT 2009

On 08/07/2009 22:45, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 03:09:29PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
>>   1. Just drop the whole libraries section from the report.  The
>>      Report will still define the Prelude, however.
>> I'm tending towards (1), mainly because it provides a clean break and is
>> likely to be the least confusing for users: they have one place to go
>> looking for library documentation.
> Sounds good to me.
> See also http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/ticket/118

Ian, would you like to take ownership for this proposal, and start
fleshing out the details in a wiki page?

There seems to be support for removing all the libraries in the report.
  Whether the report also blesses either the Haskell Platform or a set
of packages is a separate matter; either way, we still have to extract
the existing libraries from the report, and there will be a set of
changes to the report necessary to make that happen.  The Report should
explicitly list all the library entities that it refers to.