Haskell 2010: libraries

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:26:57 EDT 2009

Hello Simon,

> This would be a bold step, in that we would be effectively standardising
> a lot more libraries than the current language standard.  The base
> package is a fairly random bag of library modules, for instance.  It

The base library is under the question, but remaining libs of ghc/HP
are in rather good shape

of course, without base we can't do even i/o, so questions still
remains. in particular, you plan to do something with base in 6.12
although it was not yet decided what exactly

so these two discussions (what to do with libs in 6.12 and what to do
with libs in Report) may go together

ideally, we would split base into smaller and versionable packages. at
least in form of interfaces, while implementations will just import
everything from base

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com