Haskell 2010: libraries

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:55:24 EDT 2009

> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 03:09:29PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
>>
>>  1. Just drop the whole libraries section from the report.  The
>>     Report will still define the Prelude, however.
>>
>> I'm tending towards (1), mainly because it provides a clean break and is
>> likely to be the least confusing for users: they have one place to go
>> looking for library documentation.

while Hackage provides good place to look for library docs, it says
Nothing about which libraries are standard

instead, ghc bundled libs say it, replaced now by Haskell Platform libs.
but these are de-facto standards, and i think that Report should support
it by defining the same set as standard de-jure

so, we will have H2010 as document defining standard and HP2010 as
download implementing the standard

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com