Announcing the new Haskell Prime process, and Haskell 2010

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 10:46:02 EDT 2009

>> i can't understand. does this list supposed to be full list of
>> changes
>> in haskell'?
>
> this is a provisional list of features that the Haskell' committee
> thinks would be feasible to include in a 2010 revision of the Haskell
> standard.

And just to add, the new standardisation process means that there will
also be a Haskell 2011, Haskell 2012, etc.  If a feature is not
completely specified in time for one standard, then it will not need
to wait long until it can be accepted in the next one.

Eventually, the process might give us a standard that is stable and
unchanging, but right now, we need to take it small pieces.

Regards,
     Malcolm