StricterLabelledFieldSyntax

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 05:44:30 EDT 2009

> all of these things are hurt by whitespace-sensitive syntax.  IMO,
> we should think very carefully before introducing any.

Haskell already has plenty of whitespace sensitivity.  The layout rule
is a pretty major part of the tradition.  Other places:

   * (Just.foo) differs from (Just . foo)
   * --|        differs from -- |
   * With NegativeSyntax, (-1) would differ from (- 1)
   * In TemplateHaskell,  $x   differs from  $ x
   * In TemplateHaskell,  [d|  differs from  [ d |
   * With UnboxedTypes,   (#   differs from  ( #
   * With UnboxedTypes,   3#   differs from  3 #

Regards,
     Malcolm