Tackling the atrocious squad

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Tue May 6 22:56:57 EDT 2008

"Lennart Augustsson" <lennart at augustsson.net>

> And what's the denotational semantics of type classes?  As far as I
> know it has never been done, because it's very complex.
I have no idea whatsoever, but dare to say that the target language
just isn't appropriate, iff it turns out to be complex.

As a matter of taste, I'd go for axiomatic semantics instead,
exspecially if considering metacircularity. Lisp, for example, can be
reduced to get! == set!, leaving all the confusion as an implementation

signature prohibited.