patch applied (haskell-prime-status): add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Thu Apr 24 15:51:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Wolfgang Jeltsch
<g9ks157k at> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2008 09:30 schrieb Lennart Augustsson:
> > Haskell has now reached the point where backwards compatibility is something
>  > that must be taken very seriously.
>  Would you be opposed to a Haskell 2 which would break lots of things?

I would! No new language standard should break lots of things! It
could break some things and should provide easy rewrite rules for code
(or better yet a tool like Python's 2to3) to move from standard A to
standard B for most of the things that break.