patch applied (haskell-prime-status): add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Wed Apr 23 16:05:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 09:52:11AM -0700, Simon Marlow wrote:
> The problem with this is that
>   f !x y
> would associate differently in an expression than it does on the left
> hand side of an equation, where ! is the prefix bang-pattern operator.
> To make this consistent we'd have to make ! a prefix operator in
> expressions

But it's not a prefix operator in the sense that we could define it (in
a hypothetical language that allowed us to define prefix operators),
it's actually syntax, which makes it much less appealing to me.